These are a tasty, unique treat that will leave your table hungry for more! I am a huge fan of chocolate peanut butter cups, and these cookies remix the candy into a fun, delicious, and classy dessert.
You will need:
1 16.5 oz roll of refrigerated peanut butter cookie dough (can also use sugar cookie dough, but will make cookie crunchier)
1 cup white vanilla baking chips
1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (or white chocolate for an extra surprise)
4 crunchy honey granola bars, crumbled (OPTIONAL)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 24 mini-muffin cups with cooking spray or shortening.
2. Cut cookie dough into 24 slices. With floured fingers, press one slice into the bottom of each mini-muffin cup and spread up the side of the cup, forming a quarter-inch rim above the top of each cup.
3. Bake 10-15 minutes, or until edges are a deep golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes. Press the dough down in center of each cup to leave room for 2 tablespoons of the filling.
4. In a saucepan, melt the vanilla baking chips and 3/4 cup of the peanut butter over low heat, stirring constantly. When it is evenly mixed, divide the mixture evenly into the cookie cups, about 1 tablespoon each. Refrigerate 10 minutes.
5. In the same saucepan, melt the chocolate chips and remaining 3/4 cup peanut butter over low heat, still stirring constantly. Divide the chocolate mixture evenly on top of the peanut butter mixture in the cups, allowing about 1 tablespoon each.
6. Refrigerate until set, for about 1 hour. May sprinkle the crubled granola bars on top. Remove from muffin cups before serving. Makes 24 cookie cups.