If you are looking for an easy chicken recipe that can be made anytime, tastes amazing, always impresses, and is almost impossible to mess up, look no further! Cracker-crumb chicken is a family favorite and a particularly great dish to teach to beginning cooks. It only requires a couple of ingredients and almost no real skill, so everyone from the kids to college students to reluctant cooks can create it with ease. Just whip up a couple of side dishes and you have a complete, sumptuous dinner all ready to go!
This is a dish my mother taught me to make when I was little, which her mother taught to her. It is a classic coated chicken dish, and the cracker crumbs really lock in a lot of the moisture so that the chicken is nice and juicy. The melted butter is a tasty touch and really adds some flavor. If you want to mix things up a bit, try adding some dried herbs to the cracker mix. Tasty options include basil, thyme, rosemary, and herbes de Provence. You can also easily add a spicy kick by shaking some cayenne pepper or Thai peanut bake mix into the cracker crumbs.
For side dishes, keep it simple, like salad and mashed potatoes. This is one of those dishes to make when you just want to enjoy some simple comfort food, the way mom used to make it. If you really feel the need to dress it up, sides of baked peaches and sweet potato frites seem to go remarkably well with the chicken. This chicken can be served over rice with a little barbecue sauce as well for an easy meal that can fit right into a bowl.
CRACKER CRUMB CHICKEN RECIPE
Chicken breasts or tenders, thawed
Ritz crackers, crushed until small crumbs (not a fine dust)
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Dip each chicken breast or tender in the melted butter, then roll them in the Ritz cracker crumbs until they are well coated.
3. Place the breasts or tenders in a pan. Drizzle a little extra melted butter over each and sprinkle the remaining cracker crumbs over top.
4. Add salt and pepper to each breast or tender.
5. Bake the breasts or tenders for 20-30 minutes, until completely cooked through. Serve and enjoy!