This is an excellent recipe that may be served for lunch or dinner. It is a very tasty meal that the whole family will enjoy. It has a high nutritional value because it contains protein, calcium, iron, vitamin A, and vitamin C. This meal is delicious served over hot cooked rice. It is simple and easy to prepare as it may be cooked in the microwave which is a real time saver. The leftovers will store easy covered in the fridge and may be easily reheated in the microwave.
2 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 teaspoon of salt 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
1 tablespoon of olive oil
3 tablespoons of olive oil
1 cup of onion, chopped
1/2 cup of celery, sliced
1/2 cup of bell pepper, diced
2 teaspoons of garlic powder
1 can of whole tomatoes
1/2 cup of water
1/2 teaspoon of salt
Hot sauce to taste
2 bay leaves
1 teaspoon of flour
1 tablespoon of cold water
How to microwave Creole chicken skillet
1. Cut chicken into 1 inch pieces.
2. Add olive oil and chicken to a microwave safe baking dish and microwave on high for 5 minutes.
3. Place the chicken and juices in a bowl and set aside.
4. Add oil, onion, celery, bell pepper, and garlic powder to the microwave safe baking dish and microwave on high for 10 minutes.
5. Stir in tomatoes, water, salt, hot sauce, and bay leaves. Microwave on high for 5 minutes. Add the chicken and juices from the bowl.
6. Stir in the flour and mix well. Microwave on high for 6 minutes. Cover and let cool for 5 minutes before serving. It goes great served over hot cooked rice.
Method for preparing in a skillet
1. Cut chicken into 1 inch pieces and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. In a large skillet, saute’ chicken in oil on high heat for 5 minutes.
3. Pour the chicken with the juices into a bowl and set aside.
4. Add oil, onion, celery, bell pepper and garlic powder and saute’ in the skillet for 3 minutes on medium heat.
5. Add tomatoes, water, salt, hot sauce, and bay leaves and bring to a boil. Simmer on low heat for 10 minutes. Add the chicken.
6. Add flour and water and cook for 15 minutes uncovered on medium heat. Serve over hot cooked rice and enjoy.