Fried rice is the basic recipe for pork fried rice. That’s why pork fried rice is such an easy dish to make, great for weekday suppers or unplanned get-togethers. Try this recipe for great-tasting pork fried rice that’s sure to be a crowd pleaser.
PORK FRIED RICE
1/2 lb. – 1 lb. pork (you can use any cut, even ground pork)
4-5 c. cooked long grain rice
1/2 pkg. frozen mixed vegetables
5 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 small yellow onion, diced
1/4 c. soy sauce
2 T. canola oil
3 strips bacon, cut into 1″ pieces
1. In a wok, heat up 1 T. of the oil. Beat the eggs in a bowl, adding a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook the eggs by swirling them in the wok, scraping off the cooked eggs from the side and letting them drop to the middle of the wok, while allowing the uncooked eggs to coat the sides again. Repeat until the egg is slightly cooked and fluffy.
2. In the same wok, add half of the garlic and onion. When just aromatic but not browned, add the pork. Add salt and pepper. Saute until fully cooked, then pour into a bowl.
3. In the same wok, cook the bacon until crispy. Drain on a paper towel.
4. In the same wok, add the remaining 1 T. oil. Turn up the heat. Add the rice in batches of thirds or fourths. Stir gently and cook until the rice is broken up and fully separated. Add the frozen vegetables and soy sauce. Saute for a few minutes, then add a pinch of salt and pepper.
5. Add the cooked pork, eggs, and bacon. Saute for a few more minutes. Salt and pepper again if needed. Allow to cool slightly before serving, then enjoy!